Unstoppable

   Well I have survived yet another migraine! (insert holy harp music here)  It is on day two and I am still feeling the after affects of this monster headache which pretty much debilitated me yesterday, and has me dragging ass today.  I was up for probably a total of 2 hours yesterday and that was to take more meds and go to the bathroom.  The minute I was done with said bathroom trips and knocking back another almost useless pill I would slink back into a very, very, dark and quiet room and try to get to sleep. It was at this point that I began to talk to myself like Gollum.  Precious and I discussed how it would be to our relief to just remove my head.  It would work wonders if we could do that. I even grabbed my phone from the bedside table and thought of hitting old Google for guillotine rentals. (261,000 results if you're curious) I did realize I would probably need my head attached in the coming days and would not want to be known round my hood as Mrs. Horseman so I put the chopping on the back burner and just continued to writhe and talk to myself.
      While I was writhing and praying to fall asleep I did something...I came up with another story idea!
Yes I did I came up with a fabulous story idea.  In the midst of feeling as though I were dying I could not stop myself from thinking of writing.   I have said many times before that writing is not just something I do it is who...what I am.   I would imagine that on my death bed I will be thinking of all the things I could or didn't write.  My mind , at least as far as writing goes, is unstoppable.   I may never be well known, and "legit" traditional published authors may not look upon a creature such as myself with favor or respect but that is ok.  Why is that? Because I write without the promise of money or fame. I write for the sheer joy and passion of it.  Will I keep trying to get published...of course...I mean all writers love to be read...regardless of what we might say.  BUT, and this is a big one...not to mention and improper way to start a sentence...but the point is if writing ever becomes something that I look at as a job or where I look at other writers and scoff at them because they do not fit neatly into a little box...then go ahead and rent that guillotine because my head has obviously become to big for my body!












P.S.
   I do want to say that migraines are no joke and if you suffer from them you do have my complete empathy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitches be stalking

Age, rules, and tattoos

The time is now