The time is now

   Today I learned of the passing of one of my ildles, Tom Clancy. I was very saddened by this especially seeing his age. He was only 66 years old.  Now I realize many people would say, 66!  I am not one of those.  I do not think 66 is that long in the tooth.  However I digress.  My ramblings today are not about age in and of itself.  My post is more about time, the lack thereof and procrastination. 

    How many times have you sat around and said, I wish it were Friday already, or, I can't wait for Christmas?  I myself have said these things before.  It's something we just don't think about, just things that everyone says, right?   Yes, I suppose they are just those insignificant little things that all of us say now and againg.  Little human responses to times in our lives when perhaps we wish for easier days, or happier circumstances.   I know that my own mother used to tell me to never wish for time to pass faster, it is, and does pass faster on it's own. I did not realize how true this was unti I had children of my own and I now find myself repeating my mother's words. (something I swore I would never do)

  As an aspiring writer I find myself in a constant battle with time. There is never enough of it and what there is I can do a very good job of wasting on other things.  I have as they say, a lot of irons in the fire. Now most authors would tell you that if you are serious and really wanted you would make writing a priority.  I used to think, oh they don't understand, or my family comes first. I mean I can't just throw a box of macaroni and cheese at them and say, mama's gotta write.  I am here now to say that those other writers do understand. Maybe not your exact situation or problems but they had their own set of things going on and know where of you speak. 

   So, I come back again to Mr. Tom Clancy.  I would imagine like all of us he didn't think that his last day would be in 2013.  Does anyone really think that way? No one that I know does.  Everyone runs around saying things like, oh there's always tomorrow, or I will get to it next week.  That is the human in us.  If we didn't think that way we'd all be in the nut house looking for the sky to fall.  We wouldn't be able to keep living our little lives, but we are not promised that we will be here next month, week, or even in a few hours. 
So stop procrastinating. The time is now.

   If you want to be a writer, a blogger, a poet then do that...NOW! Don't wait for tomorrow. Stay up late. Get up early. Write every day squeeze it in and work at making it an habit.  The more you write the better you get and the more you want to write!   Because, my dear friends, remember, we are only here for a spec of time. Make it count. The time is now.

God bless, Tom and may he find that writer's haven in the sky.

Comments

  1. Very inspiring and nice commentary on Mr Clancy, an amazing talent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitches be stalking

Age, rules, and tattoos